Gitea is a fantastic self-hosted Git service! It’s free, open-source, very lightweight (a single file to download and run on any platform), feature-rich and has an extensive GitHub-like API. AppVeyor Server is a self-hosted CI/CD service which is also free, multi-platform and lightweight (absolutely no dependencies) - it’s a perfect CI/CD companion for your Gitea installation!
Until today, developers have been adding Gitea repositories in AppVeyor as “generic” Git projects thus missing essential CI/CD conveniences such as automatic builds triggering, private repositories,
appveyor.yml support, commit statuses and pull request builds.
Today we are thrilled to announce Gitea to extend AppVeyor family of built-in source control providers!
Gitea integration highlights
- Pick Gitea repository for a new project.
- Repository webhook is configured for you to automatically trigger builds on code pushes and pull requests.
- Configure your builds with
appveyor.ymlin the root of the repo. You can still configure on web UI too.
- Commit statuses for branch and PR builds with links to corresponding AppVeyor builds.
- GitHub-like testing of pull requests by automatic merging of head into base on the clone.
Lightweight and easy-to-configure AppVeyor is a perfect CI/CD match for your Gitea installation.
Install AppVeyor on your favorite platform, connect to Gitea and enjoy your builds!